Friday, April 22, 2011

Patience, Priorities and Pools

Have patience, friends and family!  It’s been a busy week…and I just couldn’t think of what I wanted to write.  Eventually, even my sister was tapping her nails, waiting…thus, the topic, Patience! 

Patience…I’m a fairly patient person.  I generally don’t mind waiting for things I want or want to do.  I think I learned that lesson first in college, when we had to stand in line for the card you wanted pulled to allow you a spot in a certain class. (I guess I really dated myself there…now registering for classes is done online!) I realized that waiting is just part of the process, and I may as well endure with patience. 

Priorities….I have a hard time with priorities.  I very often go to Daryl with a long list of things I have to do, and ask him to help me prioritize things.  I also let him know that I am asking for recommendations, and it doesn’t mean I’ll follow the “recommendations.”  :-)  He’s incredible at prioritizing…he can separate the emotional part of his head from the practical, and look at things honestly and analyze them.  He’s a lot of help to me on this part of life. 

Pools…which I why I haven’t been able to think about the A to Z challenge…everyone of the Environmental Health Staff have been assigned to do an hour presentation on some aspect of Swimming Pool Inspections. I drew the assignment of teaching about the Virginia Graeme Baker Act, and pool suction, skimmers, and  outlets.  I’m down to the wire (as usual) and MUST get this presentation finished this weekend…Pool Seminar is on Tuesday.  I get the slot right after lunch…so I’ll have to wake everybody up after a good lunch together!  :-) 

More letters to come, folks!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Patience...good subject! I am glad to see you got the alphabet going again! All I know is that if I am to be hung, I want YOU to go get the rope. 8-) Love you, Sis.

Mom B said...

Funny....Daryl says the same thing!!! :-)