Tuesday, April 12, 2011

J is for Julia

Okay!  More family members!  Julia is the wife of our son Andrew.  Our families have attended the same church since the kids were in either 3rd or 4th grade. We’ve been friends with her family for years.  One of my earliest memories of Julia is watching her coordinate the Awana Quiz Meets.  She would have her Awana shirt on over a cute top, and be organizing, delegating, running in 5 directions!

When Andrew was in high school, we were frequently pointing out some of the godly young women we observed…and Julia’s name was always tucked in there.  Andrew later told us we almost ruined his interest by bringing her name up so much!  :-)  As God would have it, they were put on the same Mexico Mission Team (See, God could do it without me!), I think during their Junior year in High School.

We are grateful for Julia being in our family.  Her giftings are such a compliment to Andrews, and his to hers.  She loves her  Andrew, she’s an awesome mother to Alyssa and Brooke and,  like my other daughters in law, she allows me to be close to her, and have a sweet relationship. She freely lets us enjoy the grandkids. I am so blessed!   Love you, Julia!

ps….I also should mention Janelle here, my life-long friend Kathy’s daughter.  Although I could never mention all the folks out there who are like family, Janelle has been like one of my own.  We’ve always been close, and I get to enjoy her long distance through her blog.  Love you, Janelle!  

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Julia is a sweet heart and while I haven't been around her a lot, she seemed like a perfect fit for Andrew. You should put pictures on your blog of the people that you are talking about. 8-) Love you, Sis!

Grammy said...

Hi, Carol, I just read all your A to Z posts and of course, they are dear and excellent! You are a great thematic writer! Thank you for writing them. Love you. Mom.

Teresa said...

Where Is K???