Saturday, April 16, 2011

N is for Noah

Not out of family members yet! 

Noah is my 3rd grandchild, the 3rd born child of Daniel.  Funny thing about 3rd born children in this family.  They tend to be a bit alike.  Or at least, they tend to identify with each other.  Daryl, Matt, and Noah are all 3rd born children.  They are all fun people, with a bit of a wacky sense of humor. 

A few years ago, we took Daniel’s family to Sea World, in San Antonio.  My kids lived there 6 1/2 years, and two of them were born there, so we have a good bit of family history there.  Daniel wanted to show his kids things like Skateboard Hill and the Alamo.

Each child was allowed to choose their favorite “souvenir”, and Noah chose a stuffed penguin.  Now, not any penguin would do…he had to greet and hold every stuffed penguin in the batch, and chose a specific one.  That penguin became “Pengy”.  Pengy is still, as far as I know, a bedtime buddy.  I’m not sure if it began on that trip, but Noah has a deep love for all things penguin.  

Noah has always been a good snuggler (he’s only 5…will be 6 in July).  When he was very small, he sucked his fingers.  Daniel and Whitney were trying to get him broken of the habit, and would gently remove his fingers from his mouth.  He used to climb in my lap and snuggle me good, and I loved it.  I commented on how much fun it was that he would snuggle me, and Daniel said, “It’s not you, Mom.  You just let him suck his fingers!”   I still believe it was me he loved!  :-) 

We love our kids/grandkids, and look forward to our next visit with them, hopefully in May.  See you soon, Noah! 

3 comments:

Grammy said...

Hi, Carol, great posts on Matt and NOah! Loved reading about them. Lovc, Mom

Teresa said...

I love the Noah story! Daniel was probably right since he knows his children but I understand your need to believe otherwise...I would too if it were me. 8-) Love you bunches! -T

Mom B said...

Yeah, I knew Daniel was right. I was just happy being deluded! :-)