Monday, April 4, 2011

A is for Andrew, Amy, Austin, Amy and Alyssa

I’m going to quietly try the A to Z challenge Mom does on her blog. I don’t think anybody will notice until I get several letters in, since I never blog and nobody expects me to, and by then I will either be on a roll, or, as usual, find that adding an activity was too much and bid it adieu as a bit of fun, but un-doable. I’ll catch up a bit…I’ve just missed two letters so far.


Today, is the letter A. I realized we have a lot of A’s in the Bennett family. Andrew, Amy (Halliburton), Austin, Amy (Bennett), and Alyssa. Did I miss anybody? I’m thinking of the multitude of A’s in our family. (I’m going to let you all guess what determined the order of names, like we used to do as a family when some “order” was called for. Guess how I chose that order?)


Andrew is my quiet, strong son. (This is where I get in trouble, and don’t do blogs. I’ll get challenged by the other 3 boys as to whether or not I think they’re strong. It’s a given he’s my only quiet man, just as he was a quiet boy. Don’t hassle me, boys! You’re all strong. Andrew is,too.) :-) He’s the one I like to sit next to and listen to his dry wit, the undercurrent of little comments. Sitting by he AND Emily, my other quiet one, is a riot! I love watching him with his little girls, and the way he treasures his Julia. He’s always been a bit stubborn, but that tenacity helps him do well and accomplish much. I’m so proud of his persistence to get his college degree, and his faithfulness to be a hard worker. I’m proud of his gentleness with his girls, and his firmness in being a good parent. He’s good with his hands as well as his mind, and has just built a wooden fort/swing structure for the girls and their friends.


Amy Halliburton is my niece, a treasure from day 1. She and I have always connected…how I treasure the days of getting to pick up she and Grant from the “meeting place” and letting the cousins play together (or dropping my kids off for time at their house). From cut feet (remember cutting your foot on the stoop to the garage?) to boyfriends, we’ve been close.


Austin, what a wonderful grandson you are! I’m so blessed that you have always talked to me and confided in me. I remember one time you were telling me your thoughts of adding a new sister. You think deep thoughts. You’re a good big brother, too. I love the way you still sit close to me and share time together. Looking forward to our next trip together!!! Yay for Cracker Barrel!


Amy Bennett…you are always so sensitive to my thoughts and feelings. I was blessed at already having two daughters in law with whom I connected…how wonderful that God allowed it to be all 3!!! I remember Aunt Kathy marveling at how I was so blessed with good relationships…beyond just the in-law thing…with my kids’ mates. You’re so very good to my Matthew. Glad you’re in the family!


Alyssa…the grandkid who looks like I used to! Grandpa calls you “little Carol”, and it’s fun to hear him do so with endearment! What’s fun is that you also have my sense of wonder and joy at all things. I love getting to watch you grow and have such fun having you here!


Well, those are the best A things in my life. Day 1 done. :-)

3 comments:

Janelle said...

The order is that in which they joined the family...right? :)

Mom B said...

Correct, Janelle! Remember how we used to guess the "system" for prayer time? :-) You win!

Arlee Bird said...

I think the world of Ruby. She was a favorite from last year's Challenge. We've followed the events of the previous year and have been awed by here ability to adapt. She is an extraordinary lady and a fun blogger.

We are delighted to have you in the Challenge.

If you didn't make it in time to sign up on the A to Z Linky List before it closed, you can still join in on the fun of blogging from A to Z. Post your daily entries for each letter. Then make sure you go through the list to visit others who are doing the Challenge and leave a comment. In your comment let them know you are participating in the A to Z Challenge and invite them to visit your blog as well. If you become a follower of the blogs you visit and leave comments many of them will do the same for you.

It will help greatly if you end each comment with a signature that includes a link to your blog. There is some more information on how to do this at This Is Important.

You don't have to be on the list to join in. Just post daily and be sure to network with other bloggers.

Have fun!


Lee
Tossing It Out
Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge