Monday, April 4, 2011

C is for Carol

That’s me.  I like being me.  I have had the best of all worlds.  I grew up knowing I was loved, with a family who made me believe there wasn’t anything I couldn’t do.  Being poor wasn’t an obstacle to success in their minds.  Success was separate from income. 

God brought me my wonderful husband….Daryl is a great man, godly, an elder in our church, and has always been a strong leader of our family.  I have 4 kids, 3 daughers-in-law, 1 son-in-law, 6 grandkids, and there isn’t a rotten apple in the bunch.  They are all walking with the Lord, and active in the Lord’s work.  THAT is all God’s graciousness toward me.  I didn’t deserve any of this….God did it all! 

For the last 35 years, I’ve been a wife, a stay-at-home Mom, now am a grandma, and (at one time or another) a published writer, video maker (those slide show videos you show at birthdays and anniversaries and weddings), got to work at a school, and now I’m in my next job of  being a health inspector.  At every stage of life, I’ve had my favorite job, whatever it was.  When I wasn’t needed to be the Mom at home anymore, God gave me something else to do.  I’m incredibly grateful for the years at home with my kids…I got to sow into them, to know them, to be there for them. 

I’ve had enough troubles in life to teach me that trusting God is the only way to live.  His Word is sufficient for all my troubles, all my joys, all my needs.  He is all.  As my sister says, God is good, all the time.

I’ve got amazingly good friends, who would do anything for me.  That’s another treasure.

I’ve got a sister and Mom who love me.  In laws who have always loved me like birth family.  Relatives who have always been there for me.

C is for Carol.  I’m her. I like being her. 

2 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

So pleased to meet you Carol.


Lee
Tossing It Out
Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

txbennett said...

I like you being Carol, too.