Wednesday, April 13, 2011

K is for Kindness

I had to do some thinking about K.  The best K word I could think of was kindness. I treasure kindness.  People tend to be kind to me…even when I don’t always deserve it.  I appreciate that!  

When Daryl and I got married, we covenanted not to do digs or cuts.  We determined that those sorts of things, in a marriage especially, can lead to more hurtful communication.  As a result, there has been much kindness in our home over the years.  I rejoice as I see my children continue the trait of kindness in their marriages.

When I go into a restaurant to do a health inspection, a kind word can cause a restaurateur to relax, because I typically make them nervous. 

I like to be kind to people, because in my heart, I know that I am not kind on my own, so I know that if I am being kind, it is the love of Christ in me, and not myself, being kind.  It pleases me to reflect Jesus. 

I was thinking this morning of what God’s Word says about kindness.  There are some good verses here, which I will end with:

Proverbs 31:26 She opens her mouth in wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue.

Micah 6:8  He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you, but to do justice, to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God. 

Galatians 5:22  The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience kindness, gentleness, self control…

Ephesians 4:32  Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.

1 Corinthians 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind…

3 comments:

txbennett said...

Like it!

Teresa said...

Kindness and Carol are interchangeable. Awesome Post, Sis.

Kathy said...

You blessed me with your words today.
Love,
Kathy