Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Great Ironies of Life...

Life is full of funny ironies. I would have missed this one if not for Daryl noticing it.

My boss signed us newbies up for a class to become Certified Pool Operators. We have to inspect pools (twice each between Memorial Day and Labor Day), and I guess he figured this was the best way to get us ready.

I just spent 2 gruelling days learning about Flow Meters, Pool Volumes, Titration, Sludge Diatomaceous Filters, dosing the pool with chlorine and bromine and sodium whatevers, and Pool Illnesses, just to list a FEW of the things we covered. We had our final test this afternoon, which I am relieved to report that I made 55/60, which Daryl says is a good solid 92% right.

I can now put the official initials, CPO, after my name.

The irony is, I don't swim.

4 comments:

Serbian Mink said...

Carol,

Get Thee to the Y!
Never too late to learn.

Love, a

Mom's Blog said...

I have had college swim classes, friends have tried to teach me to swim, and I have spent countless hours in the pool with my kids. Ain't happenin'! :-)

Serbian Mink said...

oh well, it was worth a shot...

Grammy said...

Daughter,
Congrats on the excellent grade and all the learning you did. And as the old adage goes, "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree" in re: to the swimming lessons, etc.
Love you,
Ma