Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Good Dad

IMG_2872

I caught this picture through the window at Matt and Amy’s new home.  Matt moved in on Saturday, and Amy will move in after the wedding.  This will give Matt time to do some “home repairs” to a few things. 

Emotions tend to run high when you send a kid out…and in this picture, I see a lifetime of parenting. Matt’s the kid here, but it could have been any of the four.  I see a Dad who has spent hours on his knees, praying for his children and pleading with God to act on their behalf, for their salvation, for their well-being, to give them wisdom, for their future mates.   I see a Dad who has taught his kids how to work.  I see a Dad who has been there through thick and thin for his children.  I see a Dad who is always there for his kids when there’s a need.  I see a Dad whose children still come to him for advice and to pick his brain for wisdom.  I see a Dad who has always been a fun Dad.  I see a Dad who has taught his children the Word of God, and has patterned it for them. No matter what the kids have been involved in, Daryl has always been right there beside them, getting involved, cheering for them, and even occasionally, trying to reason them out of mistakes.  And, even as they grow up, Daryl continues to be there for them, and treasures every moment we get with the kids.

As we launch this next son, I take joy in knowing that he’s ready.  I see a young man who has learned much from his Dad, and who has been much help this last two years.  Like his older brothers and his sister, he’s turned out well.  He’s sitting on his own back porch, hangin’ with his Dad, conversing Man to Man.  Blessings, Matt!  Amy, you’re getting a good man, just like his Dad!

1 comment:

Teresa said...

What a wonderful picture...you're right! Daryl is the best Dad in the world.